The Mountain Lion Messenger

The Student News Site of Sierra Vista High School

The Mountain Lion Messenger

The Mountain Lion Messenger

Bible Club

Sierra Vista’s Bible Club aims to represent each member’s faith while helping build upon their spirituality. The club brings students together in learning leadership skills, and people skills as well as providing overall support. Bible Club works with each other to share their views and contributions, so that the entire club can function collectively.

While the club waits for all members to gather, Christian music plays in the background. During every meeting, they discuss the Bible scriptures and play games and activities while eating snacks that Ms. Bishay and Mr. Clayman, the advisors provide. The club also discusses what places they want to go to and meet other Bible clubs in the district.

Micheala Cooper (10) expresses, “Regardless of your faith system, we just want to help people grow spiritually while bringing people together. This club is not just for Christians and Catholics but for any other students that want to express their religion.” 

Lexi Freeman (9)  shares, ”I love Bible Club. I love being able to talk amongst other people who share the common interest of wanting to learn more about the scriptures and discussing it as a whole.”

Kaylee Simons (10) says, “The Bible Club is a place where I go and I know I belong there. I am Catholic and like reading the Bible with everyone and hearing everyone’s opinions about the scriptures that we were reading that day.”

The Bible Club brings students together while helping build students’ spirituality. The club educates the members on the Bible which the members enjoy doing. In room 311, the Bible Club meets every Thursday after school. If students are interested in joining, talk to Ms. Bishay or Mr. Clayman, or attend the next meeting.