Vista Has Talent

Joy Villanueva, Editor-in-Chief

With acts including singing, magic tricks, and dancing, Sierra Vista High School’s annual talent show is back; this year was definitely one for the books. 

Auditions were held just a week or so prior to the actual event.

“The judges looked at all acts individually,” said Rebekah Whittenberger, head of Vista’s theatre department and coordinator of the talent show. 

“The winners were the best of each type of act, and represented the variety of performances in the show.” continued Whittenberger.

Despite only practicing for a few days, the acts put on a wonderful presentation for their audience.

“We rehearsed together for just four days until the talent show.” explained Whittenberger.

The judges had a careful job of picking out the best acts from the show. 

“The judges had a rubric to evaluate each talent based on preparedness, stage presence, and overall performance quality,” mentioned Whittenberger.

“At the end of the show, the judges discussed their results and culminated in a final third, second, and first place winner.” continued Whittenberger. 

Prizes were also available for placeholders.

“The prizes were trophies for first, second, and third place, as well as a gift card for each winner.” finished Whittenberger.

Cloeh Valdecantos held the position for first place, singing “Stupid With Love” from Mean Girls by Erika Henningsen, while Sheyecie Nihau, singing “Best Part” by Daniel Caesar, was second. Third, but certainly not last, was Dewain Dukes performing a magic act.