Class of 2022 Enjoys the Vegas Morning Sunlight

Seniors Welcome the Sun As They Are Welcomed Back

Shining Seniors: (from left) CJ Frederick, Maya Al-Abbas, Joy Villanueva, and Lauren Magnus

Joy Villanueva, Editor-in-Chief

Along with many other events, Senior Sunrise is one of the most exciting and substantial events for seniors.

After the COVID-19 pandemic, Sierra Vista High School senior Lauren Magnus was most thrilled to participate in Senior Sunrise with her friends.

“I was looking forward to hanging out with friends and making senior memories with them! I loved taking pictures with everyone on the field.” said Magnus.

As well as the sunrise itself, activities were accessible for seniors to share together.

“On the field, there was the parachute game that we used as kids and Janga I believe.” explained senior CJ Frederick.

Along with this was a senior photo in the shape of the number 22, and in addition, the students were able to take pictures of their own.

“There was a big photo that every senior was in at the end, as well as other photo opportunities.” stated Magnus.

Despite the available activities, there were still remaining issues that arose within the event.

“The event would have fulfilled my full expectations if the staff and teachers handled the tickets right and had people come in earlier than the actual sunrise time,” said senior Maya Al-Abbas.

Fortunately, COVID-19 protocols were handled safely and proceedingly.

“Everyone was fairly spaced out and were only maskless when taking photos.” noted Magnus.

Some seniors had their own ideas about what the Senior Sunrise could change in the future.

“Something that could have changed would be letting all students in early and fixing the whole ticket entrance situation better,” explained Al-Abbas.

“And something that should have been added would be extra activities that everyone would be interested in joining.” finished Al-Abbas.