Spring Fest 2023

Sierra Vista students enjoy the booths hosted by clubs during the sceond annual Spring Fest. Photo captured by Tayler Fesser

Taylor Fesser, staff reporter

Sierra Vista’s Student Council hosted the second annual Spring Fest on March 3, 2023. Spring Fest featured Sierra Vista’s clubs and helped fundraise for future events. In the days leading up to Spring Fest, Student Coucil hosted spirit days corresponding to the Rio carnival theme. The event created a memorable experience for the Sierra Vista family through its creative and carefully selected decorations.

The back gate, covered with black tablecloths and decorated with letters, handmade masquerade masks, fairy lights, and colorful banners. SV beats performer Bobo1hunnid amped up the crowd and made a memorable experience for students overall.

Students paid $15-20 for admission which offered them Walking tacos and tickets to participate in the club’s games; some booth prizes included prizes like stuffed animals and food like Chick Fil A.

Junior Jennifer Morras, head of dance explained, “The decorations contribute to spring fest in tying it all together because you can not plan an event and not think about what’s going to look best when it goes up and that’s something me and my committee really pay attention to. Even the smallest of details are able to give the pop that it needs and have such a bright and free-flowing theme like Rio. It was much easier for our festive freedom to be brought out because of the variety of options we had, and everything that goes up from the back gate to the balloons and even the table cloths can make the event in its own way, and decor-wise because everything will end up going together. Being able to look back and see how well everything came out because you put thought into it is such a gift, and I’m grateful for all the creative minds we have and that helps me plan out what is going up and where it should go and how it should be!”

Maliq Wyatt, a sophomore that helped set up for Spring Fest remarked, “I enjoyed seeing the event being set up.” Maliq attended the Fest, stating that Student Council’s hard work was evident, and many students, as well as himself, enjoyed it.and

Freshman Kenzie Gidge, a member of Dynsasty running a booth at Spring Fest says, “There was a good amount of people who came to our booth. Spring Fest helped us spread the word about who we are and what we do.”

Student Council continues to make outstanding events that the student body recognizes. Sierra Vista, proud to present another successful Spring Fest that brought publicity and support to the school’s clubs.