Vista Goes Hollywood for Homecoming Assembly

Dynasty Impresses the crowd

Victoria Hines, Sports Editor

Hollywood entertainment became a reality for Sierra Vista High School students during the week of homecoming throughout the 2022-2023 school year. Students had a wonderful time at pep rallies during lunches, the performances, participating in school spirit days, and the first assembly of the school year.

Student Council hosted an assembly on October 7th, which concluded the homecoming week. Highlights of the event included: performances from the Vista cheer team, Dynasty, Marching Band, Color Guard, Choir, and SV beats. Competitions between athletes and students produced an uproar from the stands as well as including Sierra Vista students in the thrilling games.

Keeping students involved through the games played, Student Council created competitions of “Red Light Green Light,” “Tug of War,” and “Balloon Race” to keep the student body active.   The Fall sports teams such as Football and Volleyball, competed in Tug of War. As well as each grade level selecting two students to participate in Red Light Green Light. Racing into the balloon race, all four grade levels participated in this challenge. The rules were simple, the first grade to get the balloon from the bottom of the bleachers to the top, back down again, won.

Three students from SV beats performed the well-known song “Respect” by Aretha Franklin to conclude the homecoming assembly.  The Dynasty Step Team performed hip-hop songs, choreographing their own moves.  Vista’s cheer team performed a routine.  The cheerleaders showed off tumbling, stunts, and dance moves throughout their performance

An energetic and colorful show was presented by Sierra Vista High School’s Color Guard for the Homecoming Assembly as the band plays beside them. The gymnasium watched in awe as the Color Guard spun their flags to the beat of the band’s drums that Friday afternoo

Sierra Vista’s performing arts department pumped up students for the homecoming dance, tailgate, and football game. To start the event, the marching band and color guard performed the school’s fight song. Students were included in performances by lightly waving their phone flashlights while simultaneously singing to the music. Vista’s Chamber choir, conducted by Jonathan Baltera, performed the Star Spangled Banner.

Getting Ready to Shine – Sierra Vista´s band team is preparing to perform at the Homecoming assembly.